Friday, February 1, 2013

My January 13 trip to Bangladesh.

I have just  came back to Penamg after a four days business trip to Bangladesh. It was really a tough and tiring trip with transits in Bangkok. The feeling is that of a old goat going on an adventure and. One home all tired and worn out. Each trip is getting more tedious as age catch up with me.

The feeling of congestion and suffocation as we wonder through the congested roads of Dhaka and Chittagong.  The roads are fill with cars,buses, trishaws and lorries. I was told by a local resident that Dhaka have grown from 16 million people to 20 million in just five years. This is because the education and medication  entres are concentrated here. Furthermore,as the capital. Dhaka attracts a lot of. Isigors and this. Posted the set up of food and recreation centre.

I was caught in a massive jam on the first day and I have to cancel a dinner appointment as the other party called to cancel the dinner  as he is unable to reach my hotel in time. This is a common incident  in Bangladesh.

On the 2nd day. I flew off  in the first flight from Dhaka to Chittagong and req h my business Pla s to do a honest day's job. The next day, it was smooth sailing on my job. But, in the after Lon, we were told that tomorrow there is going to be a strike.

After work, the traffic starts to build up and the jam start to be massive. There was fighting on the streets and burning of car and buses. The situation was quite chaotic and people starts to gather and there was a lot of shouting . We were able use the back lanes to avoid the jams and trouble spots.

In Bangladesh , when there is a strike, no vehicles are allows on the roads except the green mini carts. So,  we were not allowed to use our car to the airport on the next day and the only way is to leave before the strike  starts. My flight was at 9.15 am and I was at the airport before 6 am. I have to wait for three hours at the airport in Chittagong. We were lucky to leave I'm time to Dhaka.

When we reach Dhaka , we could not go outside because  of the strike as the strike covers nation wide I have to walk from the local airport to the international airport and took a 1.40 on flight to Bangkok. After boarding the TGflight , it was a safe and smooth flight back to Penang.

Come to think about it, with ending of a journey, another journey have just began in Penang and this is life. For ever moving.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment