Monday, May 15, 2017

My friend , a taoist

Have wonder what is a Taoist ? It comes from the word " tao " , the way. It origins from Lao Tze and his famous book " Tao Te Ching " ,  the way of life.  From my younger days, I was a Taoist as well following my mother to the various places of worship and so many deities who can perform all the miracles and can fly about the heaven and the earth.


A Taoist mystic comprises of the heaven and hell , the 18 layers of hell and the ruling emperor , the Jade Emperor who rules the whole universe covering the heaven , earth and hell  As an emperor , the Jade emperor have his heavenly army and all the famous generals who wield an immerse power ie the thunder god, the three eye Yong Chin , heavenly gods and deities safeguarding the heavenly palace.

From young, I have been following my mother to pray to all the deities and at that time , I thought that I should be a Taoist. I pray to every God who can help me or my family and when I grew older and on the passing of my parents , my second sister was the one who will asked me to follow the custom and I continued to pray for whoever can provide me wealth , safety and good fortunes.  Even later when I became a Buddhist follower , I still pray for the same wealth , safety and good fortunes which is the basic of all Man's needs.

Then one day, I asked a friend, CY .  She told me that she is a Taoist and I told myself " wow " this nice lady , young and vibrant is a Taoist.  This is so lacking now in the new generation who are followers of Taoism.

In the young days, I study the I-Ching and learn how to read my fortune for the day and to avoid all the misfortunes.  It is rather a difficult subject as it needs to follow a lot of procedures and theory using a tortoise cell..  It was a " hangat hangat shit ayam " and it just passed by after that.

Nevertheless, all the religion are basically good as it provides  the same wealth ,safety and good fortune wishes.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment