Tuesday, September 20, 2016

In the twilight zone

I still cannot forget the experience of sitting among the elders during a recent wedding reception. It lays  in front of my eyes , the future or the mirror of me in my twilight years.   It is another 10 years more , I will be that generation and will be like them.  What is another 10 years ? How many 10 years do we have ? All these queries are going through my mind in these few days.

The future that I see is scary and put me into my senses.  One of my aunty could hardly walk, another uncle have kidney problem , another one is having ghout and pain in hands and legs and another aunty have a knee problem. All of them have aged so much and look so fragile. Wow, how time flies when I saw them in good health at my age.

At lunch time, I was with friends and one friend told me that as we aged, we need different type of medication or supplements to sustain us and keep us living our normal life. I fully agreed with him and this is what I have been experiencing.  There is no cure for old age and we can only delay the process of aging and finally , we have to go the natural way. It is not surprising as nature evolves.

Some young people starts calling old man already and I could remember , it starts with the call as Brother , then Uncle, then old man and finally grandpa.  This is the nature of advancing age and we should accept aging gracefully.  Lets be aware that there is no cure and it is a one way traffic or a one way ticket to our final destination.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment