Saturday, September 17, 2016

A wedding dinner

A wedding dinner

 Last nite I attended a dinner and I was seated among the elders in the front row. I have graduated to the rank of the seniors . Wow. How time flies . The older generation elders in my table are the uncles and aunties and there were already in their 70s and 80s. I am next in the rank. All around our tables were the younger generations and they drinking , laughing and enjoying themselves while the elders just sat and eat . Just talking about yesteryears if there were any conversations . It was dull and boring while the food served was not so good. Yes, the weathered faces of the people on my table have seen the years in them . There were singing and the usual display of video of the day's celebration and it don't seem to matters to the people in my table. They just want to eat but I was selective and volunteered to serve . I was among the youngest on the same table . One of the singing participant was a 93 years old man who is the relative of the groom and he showed good health and strength and was admired by the people in my table which is only a shade of the old man . I was told that he lived in the country side and the environment was suitable for a good living . Yeah. Maybe away from the stress and the chemical in the food . Ingredients for a healthy living . The main point is the age is not stopping for all of us and it is better to live well and be healthy . It is not how long but how well. Namaste .

No comments:

Post a Comment