Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Going to italy for a year ?

Today, one of my young colleague came and bid goodbye as this is her last day at work.  She gave me a small box with some hand made items and box was nicely done.  I asked her what is the reason for her to resign.  She just told me that she is leaving for Italy on a mission work for one year.  A misson work ?

This is the first time , I met a young girl who resigned from a good paying job to do mission work. She tried to apply for a one year's leave but it is just too long. Well, to work for GOD is something very admirable and sdolerable mission. Yes, I told her that GOD will blessed her.

After she left , I open the box and in this small box there was a small hand written letter thanking me for guiding her through the job and how kind and nice I have been to her. She ended the message by saying " it was great to influence her through the real me ".

What did she mean by the true me?  Yes,  some of us have lost our real self through the passage of time . Some become more the real them or the more fake them. It is very difficult to be our real self as we are emotional animals with our mood sway by emotions within us.

Some of us have to change ourself to meet the environment or work culture and some become more strong and some become more timid. The passage of time has its impact on us.

Well, I try to be me and calling the pot black when it is actual black and never minced my words and raise my voice. But through the years , I have noted that I have wither and become more sober. There are two thoughts constantly going through my head .

One is the stroke suffered by my colleague and he is now paralysed and unable to talk and response properly while another is my sister in law who is dying with Cancer.  These drastic events make me look at the fragility of life and I started to question life itself.  Everytime, such negative events will prompt me to re-look at life while I was lost at work. I try to lay back and think and try to look at life differently.  But, passage of time and events always pushed me back to work.

Life is a joke .. it never failed to amuse me. So , lets take a break and re-focus and do whatever we want to do when we are able to do.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment